Along with my optometric colleague and friend Dr. Paul Freeman, I’m proud to be a Section Editor of this new, stunning volume just released by Elsevier: Advances in Ophthalmology and Optometry. The book may be ordered directly through Elsevier, or through Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
There are numerous topics that will be of interest to you, and high on my list are:
- Amblyopia in the 21st Century – authored by Julia Byrd, M.D. and Aparna Ramasubramanian, M.D.
- The Amblyopia Treatment Studies: Implications for Clinical Practice – authored by Angela M. Chen, O.D., M.S. and Susan A. Cotter, O.D., M.S.
- Congenital Cataract: Lessons Learned from Infant Aphakia Treatment Study – authored by Bharti R. Nihalani, M.D. and Bharti Nihalani-Gangwani.
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Visual Consequences, Diagnosis, and Treatment – authored by Kenneth J. Ciuffreda, O.D., Ph.D., Diana P. Ludlam, B.S., COVT, Naveen K. Yadav, B.S. Optom, M.S., Ph.D., and Preethi Thiagarajan, B.S. Optom, M.S., Ph.D.
- Novel Diagnostics and Therapeutics in Dry Eye Disease – authored by Daniel Sarezky, M.D., Mina Massaro-Giordano, M.D. and Vatinee Y. Bunya, M.D.
- Telemedicine in Retinopathy of Prematurity – authored by Anand Vinekar, M.D., FRCS, Ph.D., Chaitra Jayadev, M.D., and Bhujang Shetty, M.D.
- Age-related Macular Degeneration Beyond the Age-related Eye Disease Study II – authored by a long list of collaborators: Drs. Stuart Richer, Natalia A. Popenkoa, Dorothy Hitchmoth, Steven G. Pratt, Paul Chous, Lawrence Ulanski, Shana Pateld, Shivani Sockanathan, and Bill Sardi.
Other topics incude Uveitis, Scar Modulation, Papilledema, Migraine, Uveal Melanoma, Glaucoma, Retinoblastoma, Dacryocystorhinostomy, Vitrectomy, Retinal Vasculitis, Keratoplasty, Pseudo exfoliation and Cataract Surgery, Capsular Devices in Eyes with Compromised Zonules, Longitudinal Study of HIV/AIDS, Stem Cell Therapy for Retinal Disease, Orbital Manifestations of Immunoglobulin G4–Related Disease, and Management of Diabetic Macular Edema with New-Generation Intravitreal Injectable Drugs.
This is the first volume of what will be a yearly publication. From the Elsevier website:
Advances in Ophthalmology and Optometry reviews the most current practices in both ophthalmology and optometry. A distinguished editorial board, headed by Dr. Myron Yanoff, identifies key areas of major progress and controversy and invites expert Ophthalmologists and Optometrists to contribute original articles devoted to these topics. These insightful overviews bring concepts to a clinical level and explore their everyday impact on patient care. Topics will cover all specialty areas, highlighting the most current and relevant information in the field.